AND FACIAL SEBORRHOEA
As we get older, our skin ages. This is genetically predetermined and inescapable. Eventually our skin becomes fine, white and wrinkled. Environmental damage, mostly exposure to the sun (known as photo damage), accounts for virtually all other damage
to the skin.
Photo aging shows itself as any one or a combination of open pores, lines, dull -complexion, pigmentation and redness. It is becoming appreciated that early exposure to UV light is fundamental to later signs of damage.
Acne is probably the second most damaging phenomenon. This, too, leaves scars, pigmentation, redness and uneven skin texture.
Excess pigmentation is just one sign of photo damage. Damaged melanocytes (pigment making cells) produce abnormal quantities of the pigment melanin and distribute it unevenly in the skin. This result is often heightened by concurrent stress, pregnancy, use of the hormone oestrogen, or racial susceptibility. It is more noticeable after sun exposure. Abnormal pigmentation has until now been difficult to resolve.
Seborrhoeic skin is red, open and greasy. It is prone to open pores, dilated capillaries and blackheads.
Photo aged skin becomes more and more difficult to conceal with make-up; make-up makes deep lines appear deeper.
INNOVATIVE CONCEPT PEEL (ICP) was created as a treatment for pigmentation on the face either of melanocyte or capillary origin. It is, however, also a powerful treatment for photo aging in general and abnormal pigmentation of hormonal origin such as
melasma and chloasma. It is remarkably well tolerated by all skin types and provides results comparable to classical medium depth peeling without the risk, discomfort or down time. It can be repeated after one month; this is recommended for stubborn or
Treatment with ICP can be started at the first visit to your Practitioner, without the need for skin preparation. ICP improves and prolongs skin quality.
FUNDAMENTALS OF THE PRODUCT
ICP IS DIFFERENT TO ALL OTHER REJUVENATING & DEPIGMENTING PROCEDURES.
• Results are obtained very quickly after the treatment; even at day 5 significant improvement can be appreciated.
• The procedure is not painful. There is no end stage to watch for, no neutralisation and no risk of scarring.
• Results are obtained without significant desquamation or peeling. There is no brown, scaly stage, the skin remains intact and does not weep during the short desquamation phase.
• Down-time is minimised to one day of red skin (like sunburn), two days of pink and then one day of peeling. Make-up can be worn at all times.
• Future UV exposure will not reawaken the pigmented areas, Providing that the protocol is followed completely and the post peeling creams and UV protection are used. However, UV exposure is not recommended.
• It is a totally innocuous and safe treatment with an excellent safety record.
• It is suitable for all photo types.
ICP can be combined with other dermatological techniques such as laser or IPL to reduce associated pigmentation risk and accelerate results.
Areas other than the face can also be treated; photo damaged skin on the hands, arms and décolleté respond well to ICP.
Oily, open skin with dilated pores and increased sebum production can be reduced dramatically.
ICP can also be used to improve skin quality in young (30-40) people with no specific damage. In five days the skin acquires a rejuvenated and smoothed effect.